Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reggae/dub soundsystem - bass cabinets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyojojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reggae/dub soundsystem - bass cabinets
    Posted: 05 January 2022 at 4:57pm
Hello all,

Its been a while that Im out of this topic but I would like to build something and I need your advice.
At the moment I have two 18ps76 and two LF18X401 speakers.
Im thinking to buy one more 18ps76 and two LF18X401, I think its the best way to stay with the same type of speakers.
I would like to build four bass cabinets and three kick bass cabinets, can you recommend something for me?
I did quick research but I know your knowledge is better.
What I found is for bass ESW1018 and for kick ES18BPH or Cubo18, are they really best choice?

Idea of soundsystem you can find here:
https://imageupload.io/i/IP021gbStZ

I dont know if that RCF is suitable for some scoop, how do you think? I was reading that is quite simillar to famous PD1850 but I dont know which scoop plans to chose...

Many tanks.

Edited by moyojojo - 05 January 2022 at 5:05pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 5:59pm
Suggest you sell all those drivers.

Then repost this in Scoop Forum.

Take it from there.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2022 at 8:25pm
You won’t want ESW1018 on the bottom if using kick section really, some people even use them as a kick section themselves! I’d recommend as above, work out the best cab you want (personally scoops for dub all the way) then get the driver that the cab was designed for. 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

You won’t want ESW1018 on the bottom if using kick section really, some people even use them as a kick section themselves! I’d recommend as above, work out the best cab you want (personally scoops for dub all the way) then get the driver that the cab was designed for. 

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:45am
LF18X401 does work fine in a reflex enclosure though. What kind of thing are you after precisely?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 9:50am
This thread has now moved to Scoops section.
moyojojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyojojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2022 at 5:56pm
Thank you all for replies.

Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

LF18X401 does work fine in a reflex enclosure though. What kind of thing are you after precisely?

To combine them with some kick bass cabinets.

I was wondering about selling them but I want to achieve as much as possible with lowest bugdet because Im not using these speakers so often and I dont think it will change.
So no chance for PD1850 or V18-1000...
I can buy Fane XB18, they are even cheaper than my RCF but like I said, I think its better to have all the same speakers (?).

https://forum.speakerplans.com/lf18x401-in-scoop_topic106749.html

Edited by moyojojo - 06 January 2022 at 6:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply