Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 settings + adding to existing system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 settings + adding to existing system
    Posted: 17 January 2022 at 3:07pm
i've just grabbed some HD15's from a friend to add to my small system. excited to get them in!

just wondering if someone can check my thinking regarding inclusion. i've done some research, but would appreciate feedback!

some info on my setup:
they’ll likely be loaded with kappa LF’s as my friend is selling 4. will ofc try and scoop some 154’s if i can find them.
i can’t imagine i’ll be giving them tons of juice

amp TBC, probably going with a 4ch soundgear, although might swap that with my subs which are currently feeding off a T amp TSA

DSP is berry ultra drive, but soon to be a db Mark DP28

i’ll be looking to roll out 2 at first, one in each stack, along with a martin S15 and F12
i know they work best in a block of 4 but i can’t really see a way to lay them out properly with my setup - they have gotta go on top of the subs for now i think
although i suppose i could have: 2x stacks of 2 bins with F12’s on top flanking the subs in the middle…

i’ve collected a few settings and notes about dialing in HD15’s, but just wondering how they are going to fit in with the martin boxes.

the martins are dialled in really nicely - mostly following the martin recommended settings for those boxes, with a few tweaks over the past year. i will post the martin settings i'm using below too.

in my head, i’ll do the “opposite” to the martin’s EQ curves, so for every DB i add to a freq for the HDs, i’ll take that away from the respective frequencies of the martins.

outline of HD15 settings:
sub / top delay to complement horn length of HD15 (i think about 70cm, will of course check)
50hz HPF 24dB
140Hz ish LPF

teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2022 at 3:13pm
current settings, more or less:

F12
125Hz 24dB
22kHz 24dB
6dB 1.0 @ 66Hz (anticipate losing this entirely with introduction of HD15)

S15
20Hz 12dB
140Hz 24dB
3dB 2.8 @ 55Hz
 Post Reply Post Reply