Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark k420 vs k30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack.bergquist23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admark k420 vs k30
    Posted: 21 January 2022 at 10:18am
Hi all

So I have the following set up and am trying to figure out if I can get away with one 4 channel amp or if id be better with 2 2 channel units... To start this is a budget rig so I've not got cash to go down the powersoft route.. 

I currently have 2x eminence kappa Pro lfc 15s (600w rms /1200w max) in the cubo 15 box and 2 x 18 sound 18nlw9400 in cubo 18s...all drivers are 4 ohm.

Could I get away with something like an admark k420 to run all 4 (with appropriate limiting and level setting)? My biggest concern is that at some venues I may be limited to 15a 240v per circuit and as such would I be better running them off 2 amps where I can the feed them off separate circuits instead of one 4 channel having to run off one input?

Also more generally do these Chinese 4 channel amps stack up to their power claims? Have seen the 2 channel ones do pretty well on bench tests but never seen anything about the 4 channel units

Thanks all
 Post Reply Post Reply