Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dynacord P5 help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynacord P5 help!!
    Posted: 23 January 2022 at 2:28am
Hi all, I am having trouble finding the correct speaker flanges to replace on my F8 Subs on my Powermax 5 system, looking at the flanges on the cabinets has the K&M logo,
One of the screw in flanges cracked, and another flange is the wrong one completely, so I want to purchase the correct flanges, but no where do it say on the P5 manual what they are and measurements, also I want to purchase a matching pole stand to suit,
Can anyone please advise, thanks
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2022 at 4:14am
Photo
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2022 at 1:58am
Hi vectordj did you try uploading a photo, it's blank
how ever, I think I have ordered the correct flange from thomann in Germany,K&M 19656,K&M 24116, I will return with my results, I also purchased speaker stand poles K&M 21337
I did notice also the fittings for the flanges is
M8 K&M Screw countersunk flat bolt and M8 tee nuts if needed
so I hope I got all this right now,
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2022 at 8:54am
i would expect m6 bolts and tee nuts. you should already have them with the cracked one though surely?
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2022 at 2:19pm
No it's definately M 8, I took a few close up pics of the flanges yesterday and zooming in I see K&M UM 8, sure I can order a few M6 just in case I'm wrong, but UM 8 I read clearly off the flange, thanks for the alert to re check,
Thomann just got in touch the replacement flanges and poles bought are correct anyway
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2022 at 3:35pm
24116 Connector plate
24116-000-55 - black
Zinc die-cast plate. Attachable to speakers. Diameter 105 mm. Four 6.5 mm holes. May be used with distance rods with M20 bolt.
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 1:48am
Thanks I'll wait now and see what comes in the post and take it step by step and let you know how it goes 👍
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 1:49am
Just wondering do you actually own a Dynavotd P5 rig yourself
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 10:35am
Well I'd say you are right about the M6 bolts and tee nuts, my package arrived this morning with the M8 bolts and look to be wrong,I checked the photo I took of the cracked flange, oh yeah I have the bolts, but on the bolt it reads k&M UM and 8.8
so I assumed they were M8 bolts 🤔 I'll order again but M6 this time, thanks again for your advice 👍
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 11:51am
i don't have any dynacord but i have a lot of cabs with k&m pole mounts on them.

m8 tee nuts and bolts are good for castors at least.

Edited by cravings - 25 January 2022 at 11:51am
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by matt86ie matt86ie wrote:

I have the bolts, but on the bolt it reads k&M UM and 8.8

8.8 on bolts refers to the tensile strength, not the size.

'Grade 8.8 Bolts are manufactured using medium carbon steel that has been quenched and tempered. Used in railroad equipment, motors, engines and processing equipment, grade 8.8 bolts exhibit good tensile strength and perform well in most environments.'
matt86ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt86ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2022 at 2:56pm
OMG! Yes I definitely purchased the wrong bolts for my Dynacord, M6 being the correct im told, ahh I'm sure the M8 bolts will come in handy for something £
 Post Reply Post Reply