Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Robozap MSR1200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Robozap MSR1200
    Posted: 03 February 2022 at 1:36am
Always liked the original Robozap and have been looking at its big brother. I presume the MSR 1200 properly kicks the ENH250 well into next week for in your face lumens.

Anyone got one?
Are they any good?
How many random organs would I need to part with if I wanted one?

Big smile
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 8:55am
I recently unloaded a Martin Centrepiece which i modded around the millenium to look like a programmable Clay paky astroraggi power but ended unloved in an farmers shed somehow only to be found by coincidence. 
People allmost fought over it but it didn't made a lot of money, in the end swapped it for some older simple effect lights from the same era. Problem is not the price but the fact collectors hoard them as hell and the fact the group of collectors allmost act like a secret cult.. one day Netflix will make a series out of it.. 

The centrepiece went to a collector who knew at least 12 other centrepieces but they were in the hand of three other collectors. same goes for the holy grail of vintage nightclub lighting; coemar venus M4. all went to a few people with deep pockets and or who got the place to buy complete rigs. 
So the only way to get to them is to buy them immediately when you see one popping up, or ask a collector and make an offer he cant refuse, mostly by swapping something even more loveable. but beware. things like opti Strobeflowers or Quasars are incredible and unfindable over here, but rather unloved because they never made it into the european mainland clubs so what is collectable and what not is allmost impossible to tell. 

untill recently early 90's wasn't collectable but this is changing fast. allready seen martin robocolour II sets changing hands for over 200 euro's the four.... 

on facebook you'll find the group vintage /retro lights germany which is a nice start.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 12:10pm
The big robozap was nice enough, and certainly brighter than the ENH lamped version, but could never stand up against goldenscans of any generation, the optics in that type of effect is very lossy by its design.

My absolute favorite from that era was the La Novalight Revolution. That was a HMI lamped kaleidoscopic moonflower with contra rotating gobos and compound colour changes ( it could do single or multiple colors on different gobos, very unique and clever. I had 6 of those at one point, and with 1200W HMI they could fill massive arenas

Edited by csg - 03 February 2022 at 12:16pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 12:51pm
Should i point out that there was a massive Martin Lighting auction here in Denmark just one week ago?
Loads of Roboscan 218, 518, 812, 1220, 1004 and 1020.
PAL1200
Imagescan
3 Robozap 1200 in Mint
2 Syncrozap X250
6....!! Centerpiece. 3 working with flightcases. 3 for spare parts.
Loads and loads of Robocolor 2, 3 and 400. 
And to top it of, a complete Sound system of 4x Mach182R and 154R. In Mint condition. 
And Prices? Dirt cheap!!! An example: 6x working Roboscan 1220 went for 410€ including flightcases Shocked
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 1:05pm
Actually. Just found 7 Syncrozap QX250. Working order. 
No flightcases. All 7 for 670€

Not that cheap, but still pretty decent Smile
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

The big robozap was nice enough, and certainly brighter than the ENH lamped version, but could never stand up against goldenscans of any generation, the optics in that type of effect is very lossy by its design.

My absolute favorite from that era was the La Novalight Revolution. That was a HMI lamped kaleidoscopic moonflower with contra rotating gobos and compound colour changes ( it could do single or multiple colors on different gobos, very unique and clever. I had 6 of those at one point, and with 1200W HMI they could fill massive arenas

Yeah I remember the early Golden Scans and also the Tiger scan as being very impressive. I liked the linear movement of the 'zap in a world of rotating beams, it was different. That Novalight looks pretty cool though.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2022 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

While the big RoboZap was certainly different and not bad as an effect in itself, the light output was very meager to put it mildly. We used several back in the day, but we always cut about every other light, just to make them "visible" when in use. And than there was the problem of exploding lamps, litterally shattering in millions of pieces after only 15-20 minutes of use, usually also taking out a good bunch of internals. Some said it was a bad batch of lamps, others said it was due to a badly designed coooling. It got sorted after some time ( we were told ), but we got rid of them before that happened.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 4:19pm
Funny thing is all larger scans are now available around 100 euros if you look hard enough, but not lower. Some sort of psychological barrier, same goes for early MH’s like the studiocolour and mac5/600. Only one keeping its price more or less are the Varilite vl5/500’s .. the ones i’m craving for :(
 Post Reply Post Reply