Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powering 6 puns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote universaltechnique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powering 6 puns
    Posted: 06 February 2022 at 8:18pm
 Hi everyone

Ive been lurking on here for years, had some experience with sound system in past and now just getting back to it.

Ive got 6 v3 puns and im looking at powering them. Im going to use mc2 amps, Im thinking an e90 might do all 6?

people say that you need to run 1000W to get the best out of these bins, e90 would do 800W per bin right?

https://www.mc2-audio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/e90_datasheet.pdf

any help or advice on this wold be great. thanks
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 6:48am
I am powering 12 with 2 x QSC pl380, an e90 is a lot more powerful than a PL380 which is more comparable to an E45 AFIK.

Assuming you are using the 12.00sw 8 ohm, you will be fine. 

The thing that I would be careful of is over driving them. I think an e90 will kill 6 punishers long before it hits clip. In my experience, I tend to start smelling voice coils between 900 and 1000 watts per driver. 

Hope that helps!
https://www.facebook.com/voyager.system

@voyager_soundsystem
universaltechnique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote universaltechnique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 11:55am
Thanks for the reply! That helps a lot.

Yeah they are loaded with caire 12.00 8ohm, e45 looks like the way to go then, hanging 3 off each channel. I've just found out that there may be another 2 bins knocking about so we may move to 8 x puns..

Do those 12 puns get out often? be nice to hear em?x
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 8:00pm
You can go with the E90 if you like, headroom is never a bad thing, just make sure your limiters are setup correctly!

We have 12 out maybe 3-4 times a year. We do a lot of bookings with 8 punsihers as tends to suite the size of parties we often do. 

Depending on the level of COVID, we normally out most weekends. I am not sure where you are located but Western Australia still has a hard border so unless you live there hearing the system may not be an option.
https://www.facebook.com/voyager.system

@voyager_soundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply