Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

best way to stack / lay out speakers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best way to stack / lay out speakers
    Posted: 07 February 2022 at 1:40pm

hi guys. have been rinsing your collective wisdom here recently, but just starting out and i have so many questions, and nobody to ask. hope i can pay it back one day when i know a bit more!

just wondering how to make "proper" speaker stacks, or how to lay out speakers in an optimum fashion.

i've just made a significant jump in the speaker world. previously i had my tops on distance poles above my subwoofers, but now i have some kick bins too! the speakers in question are martin F12 and S15, and HD15's.

just wondering what the best way to lay things out... obviously it would be great if the kick speakers could sit between the subwoofers and the tops, to make 2x stereo stacks, but i think that would be too low(?) they don't have top hats either:

KICK
KICK
SUB
SUB

or like this? then the top hats could be used, though they might be too high! also having subs raised up doesn't seem quite right...:

SUB
SUB
KICK
KICK

maybe the kick speakers could go between the 2 stacks of sub / tops. then the top hats could be utilized:

SUBKICK - KICKSUB

or did read that low/mids should ideally be together. and HD15's work better in a block too. so maybe something like this?

TOPKICK - KICKTOP
SPEAKER STANDSUB - SUBSPEAKER STAND

poor DJ might have a problem peeking over that stack in the middle though!

maybe there's another way of laying things out? what do you think?

any thoughts very much appreciated :)

Edited by teeth - 07 February 2022 at 1:40pm
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 2:10pm

Suggest 

Best bass response is 

Centre stack subs & kicks use tripods for tops 

Issue is bigger footprint. 

Or 

Add a pole mount socket to the hd 15 stack conventionally 

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply