Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

‘Turboflex’

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ‘Turboflex’
    Posted: 16 February 2022 at 9:50pm
Here is the result of a few years tinkering and slowly buying bits. We never really intended to have a system we’d be using for proper gigs. A few of us just enjoyed meeting up, having a Guinness and building speakersLOL. But here we are a bit too deep in to just have them sat in a shed so we have already done 3 gigs in the last two months and more in the pipeline. 
This is one of two stacks, the second one just needing the subs which should be done by May. I’ll try to keep this post updated as and when. 

Turbosound TQ440, Boke MA828 double 18 Turbosound copies loaded with Fane XB’s and Paraflex C-2E Golden Formula 18” loaded with B&C 18DS115. 
In the amp rack we have a DBX 2231 EQ and Limiter, DBX Driverack 260, 2 x Powersoft D2002, one for the high-mid/tops and one for the low mid on the TQ440’s, Powersoft D7000 powering the Boke kicks and a power distro which we added our own display (planning on upgrading to a 32a distro soon)

We are waiting on delivery of a CVR D3302 for the paraflex. We would love a K20 or similar but we just don’t have the money. We aren’t making a living from this, it’s more an expensive hobby at the moment with any money from gigs all going to buying more stuff. We have borrowed friends amps for the subs up until now and are blown away with the output from just two single (albeit huge!) 18” subs. 

Edited by al_x - 21 February 2022 at 9:58am
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 10:11pm
I’ve just noticed I’ve been on the forum for 16 years so it’s about time I shared my first sound system post Big smile
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2022 at 5:25am
Very impressive Clap

Paraflex is definitely the top sub cab atm, they are popping up everywhere! 
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2022 at 10:19am
Nice work! loving the eye for detail and non-musical things like a proper distro and such. 
 Post Reply Post Reply