Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tapped horn and BR boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tapped horn and BR boxes
    Posted: 21 February 2022 at 12:53pm
Hi all,

I'm planning on building a small bass + mid/top rig with various drivers that I have on the shelf at home.
I'm more of a "hi-fi guy" so most of the stuff is aimed towards that but the idea was to build a small rig for garden parties, school discos, new years eve, etc.
The drivers I'm planing to use are Visaton HTH 8.7 and Seas P17REX x2 in each top, in a ~30 liters reflex cab tuned to about 65Hz.
And for the bass cabs I have four 10" OEM drivers made by Tekzone that I was thinking of putting in the tapped horn THPAM10HTL designed by Martinsson, they simulate quite well in them.

However I have never built any tapped horn before and was wondering on how to integrate them with the BR tops around the Xover point?
Is there any obvious things that needs to be concidered regarding the phase for example?
I can't post pictures yet but the phase variation doesn't seem to be that horrible, to me at least.
But I suppose there's a bunch of other things to pay attention to aswell?

The Xover point will be about 90Hz, probably 3'rd oder HP for the tops and at least 5'th order LP for the bass cabs.
But as always that will be set IRL after some measurements.

Any thoughts and ideas in general, what to do or not to do when combining tapped horn and BR boxes?
mabrissaer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mabrissaer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:20pm
I have a set of 4 Paradigm P65-R for use as Atmos ceiling speakers in a new HT build. I would like to build back boxes for them, mostly for isolation from the floor above, and I have the recommended volume from Paradigm.

Edited by mabrissaer - 20 May 2022 at 10:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply