Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless control for Driverack 260

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless control for Driverack 260
    Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:09pm
I've just ordered the 260 to replace my Driverack PA. I understand that it's controllable using Windows software via serial, but I'm just wondering if it can be done wirelessly with a laptop. Any ideas?
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 10:10pm
I tried and failed to connect it to my laptop with a serial to usb cable. 
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2022 at 6:03am
Do you really need wireless control for it? 
Do you have a portable wifi setup for a FOH mixer? If so there is your way in, use VNC or some such app to remotely control the desktop of the computer that is hard wired to the driverack.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2022 at 1:29pm
I have managed to communicate with it using Windows 10. As usual with Windows, it didn't want to play ball at first. I needed to change the com port number for the USB to serial adapter to 1 (the USB ports on my laptop were 3 and 4). After I had done that it still didn't work, but it worked first time after a reboot of the laptop.
  It's well worth persevering with it, as it's a lot simpler with the GUI than it is using the front panel!
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2022 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

Do you really need wireless control for it? 
Do you have a portable wifi setup for a FOH mixer? If so there is your way in, use VNC or some such app to remotely control the desktop of the computer that is hard wired to the driverack.

The only reason I want a wireless serial solution is so I can sit 20m in front of the system outdoors, under a parasol with a laptop and a Pimms. Need? No. Want? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply