Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - who makes amps for RCF boxes - is it Powersoft ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

who makes amps for RCF boxes - is it Powersoft ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2023 at 9:25am
Simple cabs on sticks have their limits. People often expect too much from them, i.e. bass-end. That is what usually kills them. For any serious use, you have to stick in a bass bin and crossover. Kill everything below 90/100Hz from the cab and it will last a lot longer - and sound a lot better. 

I know one place that had 4 JBL PRX 715's around the DJ as monitors, but he still managed to blow them all in one night by sticking too much bass through them.  Dead

A bass bin and 1 or 2 PRX would have saved them a lot of money.

I've done a few (small) gigs this year with some old EON G2's and 18" bins. I had the Eons lying around, unused for a while and just thought I'd break them out. You forget how good those old cabs can sound if set up properly.   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2023 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by speakerguy1 speakerguy1 wrote:

I forgot to mention a few points. First off I wasn’t talking about max SPL and loudness of the speakers. The Srm 450 has a class AB amp and once you switch into class B you loose quality and Power. The newer Rcf’s will handle higher SPL levels better. My main purpose for them isn’t high output applications. I’m using the srm 450s for a high res application. I’m also using them crossed over with Rcf subs, they have set EQ and also a preamp/DAC. Under these circumstances the class AB amplifies perform better. They produce a better soundstage, dynamics and imaging. with high res lossless, Dolby atmos, MQA and DSD audio they deliver a much better experience than the class d amplifiers do.

I understand that for most people new RCF speakers are more ideal. They are better for high output live applications and stand alone use (without subs). Also reliability is better. And they handle better when pushing max SPL levels.

I was simply talking about differences between class AB and class D amplifiers. Everyone has different uses and different uses call for different products.

Run a live vocal thrue the Art732a mk4. Maybe a guitar at the same time. High or low SPL doesnt matter. The srm450 simply can't keep up. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123