Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Choosing a sound bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alarev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing a sound bar
    Posted: 15 April 2022 at 11:36pm
Hi,

A while ago I redacted a buying guide about sound bars for french consumers and I've now translated it to english using an automated translator.
I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with the result though as I'm not really familiar with the english terminology of speakers and the likes and I need to find products and brands that are more adapted to the UK market.

If someone would be willing to take a bit of time to help me with this, I would really appreciate it Smile
Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Alarev
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2022 at 1:09am
it's really simple.

soundbars are trash.

buy real speakers.

the end.
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
Teadub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2022 at 1:29am
I've currently got a couple of pioneer S-DJ beside my TV and they do a grand job for what they are. No they're not a studio monitor but sound pleasent on playback and do a surprisingly good job of movies... For what they are.. (not a HT sub) but could be worth a look on eBay particularly for a smaller room.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2022 at 9:01am
The Sonos Playbar is probably the best "sound bar" I've used. It can be expanded by adding a pair of surrounds and a subwoofer. In aedition, it can be used to stream music from services or NAS drive etc.
   There are better solutions in terms of sound quality. An LCR type speaker mounted beneath a TV to handle left-centre-right from an AVR, used in conjunction  with Front Width speakers and either a traditional surround layout or Atmos will deliver a much more convincing experience.
Alarev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alarev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2022 at 2:17pm
Thanks for the suggestions, I will be sure to look into those and add them to my guide !
CastanedaZarate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CastanedaZarate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 3:10am
So what one have you chosen finally?
 Post Reply Post Reply