Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castors for grass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Castors for grass
    Posted: 27 April 2022 at 2:44pm
Doing up a couple of fairly heavy racks which will almost exclusively be used on grass. Anyone got any experience with or recommendations for some sort of off road castors that won't just sink into grassy ground?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2022 at 3:27pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 10:49am
I think I’d make a dolly board first for proof of concept 🙂
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 12:37pm
Recently did and event on an island with 0 infrastructure. 60mtrs over a beach up a 5mtr sea wall with 45 degree steps then 200mtrs over boggy grass to the stage. After 1 day trying to move stuff I went home and built 2 dolly trucks with pneumatic tires. After that it wasn't a breeze but it was totally the way to go. Big 150mm ones worked great. I can put up a pic if you want. Sound was 4 lab horns 8 martin 115's big ass mid horns. Amcron 3600vz. par lights bass amps ,guitar amps etc. etc. I hated it . But really good event. 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 3:17pm
The only problem with the Pneumatic tyres is that tend to go bang and explode if they are in the sun on a hot day---so be careful.
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 7:31pm
9mm ply boards.
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 2:34am
yeah i have no idea but  logically you have to either make the casters as soft as grass or make grass as hard as casters ( plywood boards )

anything else and the casters will dig in and you will be stuck

i have ZERO experience here just thinking out loud 

google image search for "all terrain dolly" shows interesting results 
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:14am
What I didn't mention was. Scorching hot 30degrees no shade. But I agree with the keep them out of the sun they tend to crack and go flat. These worked fantastic. Even on a sandy beach. loaded up. I was very surprised. 
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:23am

Fixed and swivel. Cost about 10 quid each. Bit chunky is the down side.
 Post Reply Post Reply