Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Equalizer for 12V Soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equalizer for 12V Soundsystem
    Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:13am
Hello 12V Community..

Does anyone know of a possibiliy to run an equalizer (5-band or more) to shape the sound on a 12V Soundsystem? Or has anyone built one? Would also be nice to have kill switches for every band...

Available voltages on my setup:
9V
12V
18V
24V

Thanks for every hint.

EDIT: DSP is already on board but is not that handy to handle while playing music... so a dedicated machine would be great..

Edited by nilspixel - 05 May 2022 at 7:23am
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:23am
I have used the 9 band Behringer FBQ800 (9v). Can't remember the actual power consumption but seem to remember it fell a good amount under the quoted 7W.

Edit: Think the power consumption may have dropped if I fed it less than the 9V via a buck converter. These type of units tend to run linear regulators on the input so dropping Vin (until it cuts out) drops the power consumption proportionally.

Edited by infrasound - 05 May 2022 at 10:25am
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:29am
Another alternative is the Berry EQ700 (7 band) which is a foot pedal, mainly meant for guitar but I'm sure it would do the job. 

Edited by markie - 05 May 2022 at 10:31am
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 4:48pm
I use this one in my van.

It's pretty good for the price. The eq doesn't affect the sub output which is handy, as it the 2 switchable inputs. I've seen many very similar ones at wildly varying prices, but I think they are all from the same factory.
nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 6:27pm
Thanks guys :)
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Lucasdude Lucasdude wrote:

I use this one in my van.

It's pretty good for the price. The eq doesn't affect the sub output which is handy, as it the 2 switchable inputs. I've seen many very similar ones at wildly varying prices, but I think they are all from the same factory.

I use/have used a similar one obviously designed for cars .... its kind of OK - don't think it degrades the sound significantly, but I don't trust the accuracy/consistency of the band controls. The one in the above link seems to have a more sensible power connector .... don't forget you need to short the 12V line to "remote" to enable power to it. Best way is to put a little on-off switch in that shorting wire .... otherwise it'll power up as soon as you apply power.
I never used the sub-woofer o/p, so not sure how that behaves .... but fairly sure it doesn't give you any HP filtering on the main outputs.
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
 Post Reply Post Reply