Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QTX QR10pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:33pm
Got to get on with other things at the moment but will crack the case open again tomorrow afternoon and let you know. If it is what you say any further thoughts on where it might go?
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:37pm
Yes, the tag on the HF driver that's missing a cable. If it is that, and it was soldered with a little dab then be careful how you reconnect it. Low powered HF drivers don't like heat!
Alex Dutton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:42pm
Thanks ever so much for all your help. I think the next logical course of action is to get the new battery in when it arrives in the next few days. Hopefully then I’ll be able to get power to the board and temporarily connect it without soldering to see if that resolves the problem.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:46pm
It might be best to use a crimp connector if the tag will accept it. It will probably be 4.8 or 6.3mm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:51pm
 not sure if there’s enough of a tag to accept a connector. I think it might be an idea to extend the wire first.  It’ll certainly make it easier to fit a connector.  Here’s again , I’ll let you know how I get on as soon as I get the new battery in.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 10:19pm

looks like a shoppin trolley probably better suited for that purpose LOL

feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:09am
You could turn out to be right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 3:30pm
If anyones willing to let me have their email address so that I can send them pictures I’d be really grateful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Dutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:24pm
  ‘It’s alive’ Just a quick note to everyone that has shown an interest and tried to help thanks for everything.
Regards to all
Alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12