Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find QSC connectors in UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find QSC connectors in UK
    Posted: 27 May 2022 at 3:16pm
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get these from in the UK please?

They are listed on the QSC spares site but as far as I know they don't ship to the UK. These are for CXD series amplifiers.

This is the link to the part: https://parts.qsc.com/wp-001006-00

Thanks,
Angus

Edited by angus - 27 May 2022 at 3:18pm
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 4:32pm

They are called phoenix connectors and have the optional strain relief fitted, RS, Farnell, Mouser, Digi-Key etc. all sell them…. I believe even Amazon sell them.

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:16pm
here's the farnell section.

Note the spacing of the pins, they come in metric and imperial sizes particularly the 5mm and 0.2in which look similar.

pluggable terminal blocks
Kevin

North Staffordshire

angus View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:51pm
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. it was the Phoenix bit that I was missing. I'm posting all the links to the relevant source sites where I found out what I needed to in case anyone else needs it in the future.

The 3 way input connectors were quite easy to locate as Phoenix part ID MSTB 2,5/ 3-STZ-5,08 (1776168) as defined here: https://www.phoenixcontact.com/en-gb/products/pcb-plug-mstb-25-3-stz-508-1776168

It look a bit longer to work out exactly what the 8 way output connector is, specifically  IPC 5/ 8-STF-7,62 (1709212) as shown here: https://www.phoenixcontact.com/en-gb/products/pcb-plug-ipc-5-8-stf-762-1709212

Unfortunately these are not readily available to order and are a minimum order quantity of 50! This works out anywhere from 500 to 1000GBP depending on where you get them from and a lead time of many weeks!!!

Thinking around the problem I was hoping to be able to use two 4 way connectors (without the screw lugs) side by side as an interim solution, as these are slightly more readily available in sensible quantities and price. What do you reckon?

The other option would be to order the kit I showed above direct from QSC spares service and get it shipped to someone in the US, who could then forward it on to me...

Edited by angus - 28 May 2022 at 2:53pm
They're complaining over there, but it's their fault!
 Post Reply Post Reply