Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA as home hifi.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA as home hifi.
    Posted: 12 June 2022 at 1:46pm
Just wandering through Youtube i found this, have to say, the quality is amazing. How clear and precise is this? Wow. Clap

(Yes, i know there is some hi-end gear driving it, but credit where it's due.)

Be seeing you.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 3:36pm
I think the original Living Voice Air Partner was a single w bin with a pair of scoops/HF horns. Very expensive 30 odd years ago, and extremely efficient so was popular with valve amp enthusiasts.
  I can't work out how to post pictures, but there are a few decent images of the birds eye maple ones about.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 4:11pm
Must disagree on you with this one. I find that the horn loaded systems used as HiFi tend to have a certain 'PA' sound. The over emphasised bass and slightly honky 'horn' sound ruin it for me - this was never obvious on systems like the Altec A7 back in the old days. The system on Bennett Prescott's video sounds really good but I always refer back to my brother's EV S200 that I used to use when I had issues with my old A&Rs (child number 2 used them as a climbing frame - needing very expensive imports from the US and elsewhere which took for ages) as a nice HiFi sounding system. I have read on other forums that the choice of drivers would not be to everyone's taste but sounds pretty good to me - a bit of judicious FIR tweaking would make it even better IMHO.

Edited by jazomir - 12 June 2022 at 4:15pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
 Post Reply Post Reply