Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cheaper alternative to drawmer sp2120 sl22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheaper alternative to drawmer sp2120 sl22
    Posted: 05 July 2022 at 3:15pm
Anything around that does the job but its not that expensive?
How AGC on db mark xca works , is it comparable?
AVC2 is out of question , it does the job but you can really hear it when working
thanks

Edited by lickweed - 05 July 2022 at 4:30pm
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

Anything around that does the job but its not that expensive?
How AGR on db mark xca works , is it comparable?
AVC2 is out of question , it does the job but you can really hear it when working
thanks

Price of them would be fine if any popped up on secondhand market but the fact they never do also speaks volumes about the quality! When compared price wise to its counterparts it’s also a very fair price brand new, not many units can do what it does so it’s one of those ones where you just have to suck up the costs I think

Edited by Esc4pe - 05 July 2022 at 3:59pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 4:18pm
the varispeed guys brought one of these with them to our venue last month
LEVELIZA-Introduction.pdf (rc1.audio)

been discussed on here before if you search
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 4:29pm
Already thought about it and spoke with Jon .
Need to go to the friendly venue that got it and have a listen.
But im afraid that even more expensive option

Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:07pm
The  DJ is the source of the sound.  I think trying to unfry eggs is futile.(undistorting a distorted sound)
Any compressor limiter will mitigate the effect of said front end system overload but not DJ mixer overload.
 As far as the "sound" of a limiter limiting is concerned it is entirely a reflection of the program material.
For convenience of use, the Cloud CX-335 stereo compressor-limiter,is as good as any other stereo compressor. but a can of servisol switch cleaner will be necessary for any analogue unit not having its buttons pressed regularly.
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 8:56pm

Already thought about it and spoke with Jon .
Need to go to the friendly venue that got it and have a listen.
But im afraid that even more expensive option

AVC2D is apparently better than the analogue AVC2. I've got both in the lockup but not sure I ever got round to actually trying out the AVC2D. They seem to have got expensive as well though slightly cheaper than other options. I managed to pick one up for £100 during lockdown!

Edited by snowflake - 05 July 2022 at 8:57pm
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 9:34pm
Is it volume limiting thats needed? If so also have a look at Dateq’s offerings. 
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 5:54pm
dateq spl2 maybe , but it cost the same as sl22.
Anyone used AGC on DB MARK XCA?
kickdust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2022 at 12:47am
my Advice as someone else said, just spend on the Drawmer,  At that price nothing else comes close. 
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:12pm
any other ideas?

Edited by lickweed - 20 November 2022 at 7:13pm
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 8:04pm

any other ideas?

You should have spent the last 4 months since the last post saving for a drawmer Tongue

I’m all seriousness though, I’ve had an av2, avc2d and sold them both. Until I have the spare cash for a drawmer sp2120 I will just be more hands on with looking after the system and using the limiter on the DBX eq which I like a lot. 

Edited by al_x - 21 November 2022 at 6:30pm
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 2:22am
Speak to Rich, he's got all those units plus a couple I've not heard being tested
 Post Reply Post Reply