Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is it nessicary to seal drivers with gasket tape?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it nessicary to seal drivers with gasket tape?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it nessicary to seal drivers with gasket tape?
    Posted: 07 July 2022 at 11:23am
Is it best to seal a driver to the baffle with gasket tape or similar or are people just mounting the drivers directly most of the time? 

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 12:15pm
I think that it is good practice. I do it. Costs very little. You can sometimes hear air escaping from around the driver. Badly sealed boxes will mess with your x max. As always could be wrong.
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 1:15pm
That make sense, thanks!
1ManSoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManSoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 3:11am
hi, just a short hint from myself. ive seen people put the sealingtape on the speakergrill instead on the cabinet.  dont do that. these speaker sealing tapes have very strong adhesive thats very hard to remove from the speaker, really nasty. rather put in on the wood of the box the speaker will be placed in.
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2022 at 9:02am
what about handles, speakon dishes, hardware etc. is it good to use gasket sealing tape such as this to seal them in?
cardiffdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2022 at 10:27am
yes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2022 at 10:28am
make sure you get a good seal around that shit dude.

teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2022 at 2:05pm
cheers cardiffdon... anything i should go for in particular? silicon or somethin? i'll grab that foam gasket shit otherwise.

thanks again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardiffdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2022 at 7:27pm
foam gasket stuff works fine for me.
cheers

Post Reply Post Reply