Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by djkeet djkeet wrote:

out of all them NEO's you will get away with a 9601 with ease (with shims or cut out baffle) if its the design I think you have, try finding one them (9601)2 hand gold dust never heard of any sound system blowing them, construction is also good.

Looks like even new they might be gold dust !!!

My Bristol connection for 18sound says out of stock !!!
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2022 at 1:48am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

out of all them NEO's you will get away with a 9601 with ease (with shims or cut out baffle) if its the design I think you have, try finding one them (9601)2 hand gold dust never heard of any sound system blowing them, construction is also good.

I have 96 on stock.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I have 96 on stock.

That's it I'm just going to say Marjan has all the 9601 baskets cause he's are all custom
Soundbite
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 12:20am
Not custom. We use the standard 9601 :) 
I waited over 5 months to get them. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:52am

OK Ive got it wrong mixed up with the amps you used before, did you have the 4Ohm version of these first? So it looks like they dont hold stock back order biz niz is this due in part to the Pandemic and the war in Europe or are they still working it out with B&C?

Edited by djkeet - 20 July 2022 at 2:06am
Soundbite
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:05pm
There are alternative drivers to the 50 but if you want an upgrade/more power then the scoops will also need changing so then it becomes a much bigger task of getting the right box and driver combo.  All the higher power drivers need deeper chamber larger throat. Surprised 50 isnt all that in your scoop lev as the best ive personally played 50s in full scoops were 2 different scoops designed by different builders both made for 52s. 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

There are alternative drivers to the 50 but if you want an upgrade/more power then the scoops will also need changing so then it becomes a much bigger task of getting the right box and driver combo.  All the higher power drivers need deeper chamber larger throat. Surprised 50 isnt all that in your scoop lev as the best ive personally played 50s in full scoops were 2 different scoops designed by different builders both made for 52s. 

When '52s were only prototypes, and  Marlon/Hangar Lane crew/Kutty, where the only guys with them, Marlon detailed to me exactly how the '52s played in their S118s, compared to the '50s.

This, and the parameters for the prototype '52, I got off Kutty, gave me the insight, for drawing up my box.

I knew beloved 1850 and V18-1000, would not be optimal in my new box, but '52 would be. Rest is history.

Edited by levyte357- - 20 July 2022 at 1:45pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
APSUS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APSUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 5:24pm
Has anyone heard Hytal Bosrah lately? 
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2022 at 10:37pm
Not for a gd couple years now
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2022 at 8:12pm

OK Ive got it wrong mixed up with the amps you used before, did you have the 4Ohm version of these first? So it looks like they dont hold stock back order biz niz is this due in part to the Pandemic and the war in Europe or are they still working it out with B&C?

Manufacturers never keep stock. It is always built per order. Distributors keep stock. But i guess that is all very disrupten after the pandemic.
We used some of the 4ohm version too. But not anymore for quite some years now.
We used customized 18NLW9600 at the start. That is the one that later got the 9601 model name as standard and 9600 was discontinued due to problems with the cone ripping off.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 11:22am
We used customized 18NLW9600 at the start. That is the one that later got the 9601 model name as standard and 9600 was discontinued due to problems with the cone ripping off.

[/QUOTE]

Yes that makes sense to me now
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12