Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PKN amp XE 2500/4000 restarts for no reason

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmihaigabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PKN amp XE 2500/4000 restarts for no reason
    Posted: 20 July 2022 at 8:29pm

Hello, I’m a long time reader of this forum but I've registered just now because I have the following issue I can’t figure out and kindly need your help.

The amps are running on 220v 16A power socket and only when AGR is active they restart for no reason. I’ve uploaded a clip to show you the issue:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FW4Lh_HRr58

The power stabilizer is only displaying the current voltage and the amps are not connected to it.

This happens on all the PKN amps I have, including a brand new XE 4000 I've just received. And in different locations too.

I also have a JAM B8 and a JAM Q10 and I can run them at full power hitting the clip all day and night without any issue. I’ve run them in very bad locations and never had any issue with them, so for a touring level amplifier like PKN that costs twice I can’t believe this is happening..

Did you encounter this issue?

Can this be caused by the voltage dropping under the working range ? If so, why the power stabilizer shows over 220v? 

In any case, shouldn’t this amp be smart enough to limit the power instead of going into protect and restart?

I’d love to hear your opinion and your experience with these amps

Thank you

Edited by djmihaigabriel - 20 July 2022 at 8:51pm
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 6:31am
Originally posted by djmihaigabriel djmihaigabriel wrote:

The amps are running on 220v 16A power socket and only when AGR is active they restart for no reason. I’ve uploaded a clip to show you the issue.

Can this be caused by the voltage dropping under the working range ? 

That is what it looks like IMO, I believe the amp displays the input voltage it sees on one of those screens so have a look there. 

Are you running everything on a single 16A socket? If so what else is connected? 

djmihaigabriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmihaigabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2022 at 3:15am
Hi Conanski, Thank you for your reply!

There is nothing else connected to that socket, only the rack... I will test with a 32A 3 pin socket and see how it goes. And also check the input voltage on the amp next time.

Thank you
djmihaigabriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmihaigabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2022 at 4:31am
I've tested these amps in a new restaurant and this time there was no big voltage drop, only 10V from 230 to 220. Did not encounter any issue this time. 

So, there is nothing wrong with these amps and I'm very pleased with them. The issue was caused by the voltage drop under 170v.

Edited by djmihaigabriel - 18 February 2023 at 2:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply