Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konstantinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence
    Posted: 24 July 2022 at 4:00pm
Hello
just to mention that this is my first post here.
im having 3 speakers -
Eminence Omega Pro-15
Eminence kappa Pro-15
Eminence delta 15a

what enclosure will you recommend for them scope? vented? . I want to use them as a stage subwoofers.
Konstantinov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konstantinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 3:43am
take a month off and no answers? does this mean that these speakers can only be used in the PDF circuit?

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 7:26am
Unfortunately none of them are really subwoofer drivers. Also, due to their different parameters, you wouldn't be guaranteed to get them all sounding the same if you tried to use them together.

Probably best to sell them and buy matching drivers that meet your needs.

Edited by DMorison - 09 August 2022 at 7:26am
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2022 at 7:49am
Are your making speakers for electronic dance music or live bands? Having three different speakers is not best but it does give you a chance to try things out and learn about how speakers work. If you have the time and some wood, make a THAM 15 and a Cubo. Try each speaker in them and decide which you like best. Look at the Theile Small (TS) parameters for each one and this will help you understand what changes what. Then sell the other speakers and look for more of the best one. 

blah blah blah blah blah......
Konstantinov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konstantinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 10:28pm
thanks a lot for the eadvice. Ill use them for live band. I was thinking to use them not for subs. Maybe only omega can be used as a sub. The info from eminence's site is that its "High power driver for pro audio as a woofer in vented enclosures. Also suitable for horn loading and scoops." I was wondering what horn or scoop can be done with it.

the rest of the speakers i want to use them as midrange speakers ... tops maybe.
DennisTheMeerkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisTheMeerkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2022 at 9:30pm
Can always build 186/1850 bins for them Wink I have a pair of Kappa 15LFA's in a pair of 1850 horns, and they perform absolutely amazing in there. They play nice and deep, louder than my ears can handle, and they can handle a shit tonne of abuse! I have also tried the ordinary Kappa 15A's in 1850 horns, which are similar in performance to what you have available to play with. they work well in them aswell. (I have downscaled my 1850 horns to 15 inch versions.)
 Post Reply Post Reply