Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a martin 215 project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobrasneverdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting a martin 215 project
    Posted: 06 August 2022 at 2:38am
Hey guys, I'm planning on building a few of these here pretty soon, and could use a bit of advice regarding driver options and clarity about the plans.  I have some 225hz tar filled multicells fitted with bms 4592's, the drivers have an impressively flat response down to the cutoff of 225hz on these horns. I have been seriously impressed with the drivers and would like to have have simple 2 way build.  I've read these cabs can run up to 300hz and sound OK up there, has anyone heard a stack of these running up that high?  Anyone have a reccomended driver for a 250-300hz crossover?  Also, taking a look at the plans are the spaces between the horn flare solid wood?  I've seen a few members mention something about this, and have seen builds without it. Anyway, I would definitely appreciate some insight.

Edited by cobrasneverdie - 12 August 2022 at 2:25am
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 9:54pm
Maybe you should clarify first which martin 215 exactly you are referring to? 
F2B or earlier?
cobrasneverdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobrasneverdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2022 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Maybe you should clarify first which martin 215 exactly you are referring to? 
F2B or earlier?

Sorry for the late response,  i was out of town over the weekend.  I've been planning on building the 215 mk3.
cobrasneverdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobrasneverdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2022 at 12:18am
i've been going over a few things with the model that was shared in the more recent mk3 build thread, all of the angles are bang on, but ive noticed a few measurements are a bit off. The baffle is a few mm off from the plans, i calculated 271.1 from the first 15mm baffle)along with the the measurement at the first bend reading 107.84 and 103.94,  looks like both are 107.84.   is it worth the time to rework the model? or would these differences be negligible in the scheme of things. i'm fairly new to cnc/modeling, and not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to things like siming a horn, just hoping i dont come off as being dense, i'm just a bit of a slow learner. Appreciate the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply