Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build. Eminence 15" scoop.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dice General Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build. Eminence 15" scoop.
    Posted: 05 October 2022 at 9:07am
Good morning SP family. I trust all are well and working towards which ever new speaker design to add to the sounds :) I'm currently in the process of building the 15" scoop from the Eminence (Bible) spec's book and have gotten to the point of having all the panels cut to size and ready to put half together.. My question ( Honestly hope not a stupid one) is this.. I have the cut list in the book but I'm struggling to work out in which position i need to screw and glue the baffles, I'm really not that great with math or reading plans such as the ones in the book. I'm basically struggling with the angles of the baffle which allow the sound to travel correctly (with out shaking its self apart or sounding crap.) I'm working towards a community sound system (Reggae / Dub ect) and want the scoop for the mid bass element. I'm currently looking at the Eminence KAPPA 15LF as that is the driver suggested for the build. I'd really like to know how I'd go about transferring the measurements from the book to the wood ect. I have the tools for the job but don't want to fall at the first hurdle. if any one has any history in building one I'd love to see your workings out or an explanation as to how I transfer said measurements . I will be getting some pics together of the work so far and posting soon. 
Cheers for your time :)

ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new :S Will cut and paste to correct place if needed :)

Edited by Dice General - 05 October 2022 at 9:48am
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2022 at 1:17pm
Draw out the plan (right hand picture side view) onto one of your side panels, then drill pilot holes for screws through the side panel.Then fit your top, back, internal panels to the side panel in turn, making sure they stay at 90 degrees to the side panel. Finally add the last side.

Cut baffle hole, handle holes etc before assembly.

Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2022 at 1:18pm
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Dice General View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dice General Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2022 at 2:20pm
Thanks buddy. I didn't actually see the site had a planning section. Again it's a little more for me to get my head round. I could kick my self cos I don't have my plans with me ( work shop in locked draw lol) but on the cut list there is top, bottom, sides, back and front plus the baffles. I've done 9 cuts so far and followed the plans but then there is more measurements that have brought confusion to the table 🤦🏼‍♂️. If I can find the plan on here I'll try and copy the cut list. Cheers 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply