Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mixing and matching cabinets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixing and matching cabinets
    Posted: 17 October 2022 at 7:24pm
hi there, this is something i've long been wanting to ask, but never got round to it.

how does one incorporate different speakers, particularly when they have the same sorts of frequency bands?

i have 2x double 18s, but also some single 18s. they're great - PD drivers. i want to use these alongside they double 18's. i'm also eyeing up a pair of similar double 18's - these loaded with totally different drivers though.

is it as simple as calling it "the bass section" and giving everything the same frequency bands? or a bit more involved, as the cabs are different?

would it be better to use some as a kick section (say the second, less powerful 218's?) i do have some HD15's for this but 4 of them would hardly keep up with the set up detailed above?

many thanks...

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2022 at 12:41am
If you have a bunch of the same drivers in single and double cabs of the same type these should all play well enough together that it won't be a problem, but adding a smaller number of less powerful drivers/cabs (in the same frequency band) won't even make an audible difference so don't bother.

Edited by Conanski - 18 October 2022 at 1:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply