Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first 12v build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first 12v build
    Posted: 02 November 2022 at 10:38am
So first 12v build, is it worth using car amps or inverters and 240v amps, if it's car amps what do you guys recommend for efficiency and output, cheers.

bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 5:40am
...it depends

how big are you going, or do you plan to go?
do you have any equipment to start with, or is all being purchased for this project?

there are plenty of options, if you're starting with some gear or have a plan in place then it's worth working towards what you want to achieve with what you have
but once you've committed to a path, it'd be expensive to change directin
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 7:47pm
Cheers for the reply, this is going to be a large system, very efficient horns through out, we have a lot of 1u class d amps, mainly CVR and PKN and a lot of old Crests, I've been pointed in the direction of some huge car amps from Brazil like Stetsum for instance, even if the specs are half right they will certainly do the job, batteries will be Lithium, what is going to be the kindest on the battery banks as this seems to be the most important part.

nilspixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilspixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 10:04pm
for some guidelines what i'm using on my 12V soundsystem right now:
Paraflex Type O CRAM 2*18": B2 RIOT 7500
Paraflex C-2D 15" Kick: B2 Rage 1200.2
Paraflex German Top 1*12": Stetsom 2000.2 2Ohm Version
Horn 1.4": Ground Zero GZIA 240.2

what you have to consider with amps in my opinion is that you might have to use powercaps especially with larger systems to bufffer your powerdraw on your batteries. I'm using 2 LiFePo4 100Ah in parallel + 600Farad powercaps on this system.

Also you might end up buying more amps as you would with standard PA amps. As you can see in my setup i'm using different amps for every frequency to get the power i want...

I wouldn't go for voltage transformators + 230V amps simply because they will empty your battery much faster as they always draw a fixed amount of power and are less efficient..

Edited by nilspixel - 08 November 2022 at 10:07pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 8:51pm
Really interested in this, this still going ahead?
 Post Reply Post Reply