Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with driver characteristics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with driver characteristics
    Posted: 15 December 2022 at 3:13am
Hiya guys, i've come across this high power neo driver and while i've been in the sound game for a good few years now, I've never really delved much into suitability of drivers for certain boxes and driver characteristics and so on, talk to me about qms and qts and so on and ill give you a blank stare LOL

I'm looking for anything someone can tell me about this driver from this spec sheet, initial impressions, what kind of boxes it would go best in, do any of these ratings immediately jump out as being good or bad and so on..

Drivers that it may perform similar to?

Import time takes a good long while so I'd like to know what i'm kind of looking at before making any commitment.

Most likely none of you will have used this particular driver so most of this will be best guess of course, I'm just hoping there aren't any glaring alarm bells ringing from this. It obviously needs a fair amount of amp power, for a start, and has a deep magnet so might not fit in tight chambers, apparently the motor force is really impressive. I'm sure ive seen ones that look just like it before in some of the golden formula paraflex kicking about (no paraflex arguments here please Wink)

These readings were taken from a brand new, un-used driver apparently.

Thanks in advance for any help 

Edited by Requiem - 15 December 2022 at 3:15am
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 8:21am
It's a b&c 18sw115?
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 8:31am
If its anything except a 18SW115 from B&C, walk far away from it.
Besides that its a knockoff, the ts parameters are directly copied from the 18SW115's spec sheet. There is no way they would end up with the exact same ts parameters as the original 18SW115.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 8:37am
or could be some sort of branded oem?
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Requiem Requiem wrote:

i've come across this high power neo driver
Where.. in the flesh or just online? If it's online was the website in the far east perhaps?

Originally posted by Requiem Requiem wrote:

I'm just hoping there aren't any glaring alarm bells ringing from this.
As mentioned that spec sheet is lifted directly from B&C as in it's a photographic copy, so RED FLAG right there. If you were to buy some of these there is virtually no chance the TS specs would look the same.

teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 7:38pm
there are a lot of chinese companies "copying" known drivers, this looks like one

if it's cheap, and you want cheap, it might be worth a punt

otherwise, watch out...
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2022 at 8:16pm
Ok cheers guys!
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
 Post Reply Post Reply