Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KT DN360 remake?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 5:44pm
Mine arrived yesterday.
Made in October 2013 so presume NOS.
Boards are marked KT
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by vinro vinro wrote:

Mine arrived yesterday.
Made in October 2013 so presume NOS.
Boards are marked KT

When I got mine, it looked and sounded just as a a KT DN410 should.

So no way these are Berry Copies, they are just reconditioned, genuine KTs.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2023 at 7:11pm
I woukd def like to see a few pics please! I think the UK ones said Made In England on the back...
vinro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2023 at 10:58am
Nothing to say Made in England anywhere on item
nor Designed and Engineered in England

Called Andertons.
They were made in China, but why the manufacture
date is 2013 is presumably because they have been
sitting somewhere for a while (my guess)
They have/had over 100 so not a small NOS stock batch
No idea when KT started having stuff made in China..
Perhaps even before the 2009 Behringer aquisition.
Seemed well made though
Its not here now.. out for tryouts etc..so no pics yet..
best
v
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2023 at 12:15pm
Also just noticed, the pictures on the Andertons site are not of the actual units, its the same photos used on the original stock item on the Canford and klark teknik site. Mine is arriving today, so we will see....

Dupe...

Edited by DJ-Dulux - 09 January 2023 at 12:23pm
Dupe...
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 4:57pm
Here you go, seems pretty decent, looks very similar as far as I remember on the outside????

Thoughts?

Dupe...

Edited by DJ-Dulux - 11 January 2023 at 4:59pm
Dupe...
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 6:41pm
thanks for posting all those pics. I don't know how to post pics on here, but if you search " klark teknik dn360 inside" you will see some pics of the original one. The board on the rear of yours with the 4 circles marked T1 etc are missing the original devices. I'm not an engineer  but I'm assuming that the original ones were transformers which have been replaced by some other method. There's actually a picture somewhere on this forum.
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Lucasdude Lucasdude wrote:

thanks for posting all those pics. I don't know how to post pics on here, but if you search " klark teknik dn360 inside" you will see some pics of the original one. The board on the rear of yours with the 4 circles marked T1 etc are missing the original devices. I'm not an engineer  but I'm assuming that the original ones were transformers which have been replaced by some other method. There's actually a picture somewhere on this forum.

I believe those are for the optional balancing transformers for the output and input (standard is unbalanced out, elertrically balanced in). I think the fact the boards are purple suggests they were destined for the squareone range...

Thanks,

Dupe...

Edited by DJ-Dulux - 11 January 2023 at 6:44pm
Dupe...
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 6:58pm
Sorry, my bad. That makes sense!
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 7:59pm
I seem to remember that the DN360 was inductor based, this seems capacitor based? Its many years since i was last looking into a 360 however 
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 11:39pm
those pcbs are very behringer.
Originally electrically balanced input, output & filter cards were thick film modules encapulated then left open, those filters look like standard smd daughter boards.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 11 January 2023 at 11:42pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 12:50am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

I seem to remember that the DN360 was inductor based, this seems capacitor based? Its many years since i was last looking into a 360 however 

The old DN27, Dual 11, and similar KT graphics had inductors.

But all the 300 series have had gyrators on thick-film daughter boards. As Kevin points out, the early ones were encapsulated, later ones had the components visible, and now they are standard SMD.

And yes, the input and output transformers are optional, and are all toroidal types.

That Pin 3 Hot thing was always a nuisance. I remember wiring up monitor racks with lots of pin-swap patch leads, bright yellow of course. 2 in series would work as a standard patch lead if desperate, it used to confuse the hell out of the uninitiated...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123