Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"which kicks for 21"superscoopers?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peivol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "which kicks for 21"superscoopers?"
    Posted: 18 January 2023 at 11:11pm
Hi i'm new here and i have 4 PD2150 big super scoops.

I would like to know what is the best option to choose the kick section! I was thinking Cubo kick 18' starts on the curve from 80hz, but i would like to know diferent experiences using kick 18' above them, anyone try ES-BPH 18'?

Thanks for advance.

Pablo
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2023 at 11:18pm
What is intended freq range?

ES18 Elektrikal will be great, but 1x15" reflex, with driver reference efficiency of at least 4.0%, 7mm Xmax, and right Fs/Qes, will be perfect 70-200hz.

Edited by levyte357- - 18 January 2023 at 11:29pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
peivol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peivol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2023 at 1:36am
Hi Levyte357,

Thank you for welcoming me and for giving me a fast response!

Technically, at the first option i was thinking the 18' Elektrical version, but i wasn't shure to take this decision because last weeks i've read ES-BPH 18 is working up from 50 Hz and it can cause problems aligning them with the 21' scoops, specially in indoor. Is that true? Reflex can cause more distortion than folded horn too... and i don't know wich type of box can be easy to aligning with the 21' scoops. 

If i decide ES BPH-18, i found the next drivers can be work fine: 18lw1400 Fane 18B 600 pd 186 loaded, but i think the best and powerfully option is P Audio SD18. 

The other option,  18' Cubo Kick, i saw this option can be great to fit with 18Sound 18W2000'. By other side, stetically, cubo kick is 62cm x 62cm and ES18 is 63,6 x 63,6. My scoops are 60cm wide, maybe it can stack better the cubo kick than es-18.

So i would like to choose the best option to avoid problems in aligning them. Here in Barcelona there's a Big Sound called Arise Sound System and they use 21' Beyma Scoops with 18' cubo Kicks (don't know the driver) and its completly fire! The sub is like a earthquake and the kick Bins punch you really hard.

All recomendations are welcome! Big smileWink

Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2023 at 7:16am
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2023 at 7:29am
Originally posted by peivol peivol wrote:

Hi Levyte357,

Thank you for welcoming me and for giving me a fast response!

Technically, at the first option i was thinking the 18' Elektrical version, but i wasn't shure to take this decision because last weeks i've read ES-BPH 18 is working up from 50 Hz and it can cause problems aligning them with the 21' scoops, specially in indoor. Is that true? Reflex can cause more distortion than folded horn too... and i don't know wich type of box can be easy to aligning with the 21' scoops. 

If i decide ES BPH-18, i found the next drivers can be work fine: 18lw1400 Fane 18B 600 pd 186 loaded, but i think the best and powerfully option is P Audio SD18. 

The other option,  18' Cubo Kick, i saw this option can be great to fit with 18Sound 18W2000'. By other side, stetically, cubo kick is 62cm x 62cm and ES18 is 63,6 x 63,6. My scoops are 60cm wide, maybe it can stack better the cubo kick than es-18.

So i would like to choose the best option to avoid problems in aligning them. Here in Barcelona there's a Big Sound called Arise Sound System and they use 21' Beyma Scoops with 18' cubo Kicks (don't know the driver) and its completly fire! The sub is like a earthquake and the kick Bins punch you really hard.

All recomendations are welcome! Big smileWink

Only people, who don't know how to use LMS, will have problems aligning hornloaded cabs, in a system.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
peivol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peivol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 4:22am
Hi Father Francis!!! Respect!!

That plan is perfect for what i'm looking for!!! So happy to find one great posible solution on my project! Will upload pics of my project!

Thanks again for your recomendations SmileSmileSmileSmile

Pablo
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2023 at 7:11pm
no worries boss they sound good with the fane's , am building more soon 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
 Post Reply Post Reply