Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Connecting DSP to Amplifiers & Surge/Power Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting DSP to Amplifiers & Surge/Power Advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2023 at 4:06pm
Search for "rack mount screws" they have a nylon(plastic} washer with them that prevents scratching the equipment.

You should also run a tap through the holes in your rack to measure it's size, this will also clean out any dirt or paint that has accumulated. 
SnailSpace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2023 at 6:16pm
That’s the phrase I searched initially but they are all M6. After finding a chart M6 are 0.6mm wide mine measure at 0.5mm wide after measuring, so makes mine M5. They also sell them on Thomann and one of the reviews mentions they fit his older Thomann rack which one of mine is! Sorted!

Edited by SnailSpace - 28 January 2023 at 6:32pm
SnailSpace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnailSpace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2023 at 10:11pm

I’ve bought a Power Distribution Unit which has  3 way power surge protection, it also has an ‘earth ground’ point.

I have my turntable earthed to my Mixer.

I notice that my older QSC 900 USA & dB-Mark DSP have ‘earth ground’ symbol but don’t see anything on QSC GX3 or Crown XLI 3500.

Where should I be grounding the PDU too (If at all?)

Also I’ve read a lot of debate online about what amp fuse (uk) to have in an iec (kettle) lead from amplifiers/gear etc going into a 13amp uk plug? General opinion in UK? Seems to be 10A online?

Edited by SnailSpace - 02 February 2023 at 10:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123