Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powering modern sub drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:52am
Originally posted by JPF JPF wrote:

Hi, I have been talking with the Admark people about the AD42. They offer it with inbuilt DSP. The DSP board and sofware is from the german company Alldsp www.alldsp.com. The questios is: has anyone any experiece with an Admark amp with this DSP platform? will the DSP be worth in this kind of amps or could be that the integration is not yet mature enough and will worsen the behaviour of it? Thanks!!

I have two AD430 with the DSP. They use the SBD44 in the amps. First impression: looks decent (software wise) , it is definately not a Powersoft armonia enviroment but its more aimed to substitute for something like a thomann, dcx, driverack etc DSP. For me personally until now enough PEQ's per channel. 8 input, 8 output. Peak limiting and a RMS compressor on each channel. There is FIR, but not a significant amount of taps per channel.

This weekend they will run of a 40KVA generator for three days on a float. One will run 4x21" with 6 DAP compact array. 
Geoff974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geoff974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 9:16pm
Hi everyone,
I received my admark AD42DSP today. I downloaded the AllDSP Control software on my mac, connected to rj45. The software finds the amp but I can't figure out how to set the crossover frequencies or the limiter... can anyone help me please?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12