Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

power draw estimates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: power draw estimates
    Posted: 17 March 2023 at 9:33am
i've got to get some figures for my rigs requirements over to an event so they can get quotes in for power.

what's the best way to make a reasonable estimate? sum the RMS of drivers? max amp power? etc...

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 10:34am
Originally posted by teeth teeth wrote:

i've got to get some figures for my rigs requirements over to an event so they can get quotes in for power.

what's the best way to make a reasonable estimate? sum the RMS of drivers? max amp power? etc...

Sum of all "quoted", sub amp power.

Which you will never draw, unless using certain amps, with certain music material.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 10:46pm
Is the event on grid power or portable generators?

On the grid calculate the continuous average current draw of the system as configured..  but on a generator quote the peak draw of the system.  
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 12:31am
You'll sound a bit more "with it" if you ask for 16s or 32s r whatever it turns out you need.
 Post Reply Post Reply