Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How large should be my port

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batata004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How large should be my port
    Posted: 19 March 2023 at 5:54pm
Hi my friends! I am complete new into this hobby of building speaker boxes and after making a lot of research I still couldnt discover how to solve this question.

I have 2 speakers (125w RMS - Taramps 7driver HD 250S) which have a really really really nice sound (from low-high). I built a box with the following inner dimensions: 30 cm wide, 20 cm tall and 15 cm depth = 9 liters. The wood is 1cm thick however the front panel is not thick so I could easily cut the holes (it's 3mm and I will surely improve the thickness of the front wood in the coming days). Picture below:

I know I should use a much larger box with these speakers, however I dont have any space left for the place where this box will be placed in my house.

My question is this: I already made a hole in the box with a diameter or 6cm to put the port. My question is: how long must be the tube that I will insert into this box in order to get a good low bass (30 hz? maybe 40?). You can see in the picture below I 3D printed a tube with 6cm diameter and 10cm long, but I still dont like the bass (it does not improve much when compared to have the box sealed).

Post Reply Post Reply