Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic PPX1600 oscillating 5mhz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeydee77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:00pm
Well I have had a full day working on this amp but no success.   Once I got the board out  I did find a few grotty joints, replaced some of the wirewounds, removed the transistors and cleaned the grease of them, removed the triac - no impact in doing this at all. 

The only other clues that I have is that the oscillation will lose trigger on the scope (presumably jumping in frequency) when tapping the mosfets with a chop stick making me think it is either the devices or something in the PCB which has a few light toast marks on it.   Thanks for your help.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 6:24am
Have you checked the drivers and compensation cap/s? A problem there could definitely cause oscillation.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
mikeydee77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeydee77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 6:46pm
Not sure I see any compensation caps...   Sorry... Can't figure out how to upload schematic or image unless hosted elsewhere?

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:02am
Ok, but it/they have to be there. Small ceramic around 150/220pf. Like I said, I don't know this amp, nor ever worked on one, so can't help any more.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:57pm
Have you checked all the GROUND connections on the board & inside the amplifier ?.

Check the capacitors on the +15, 0, -15 supply & the output Zobel filters on each channel output.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12