Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommend driver & amp for WSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feedthechaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommend driver & amp for WSX
    Posted: 24 May 2023 at 2:59pm
Hello, I've been following the forum as a guest for a long time, and it's time to get some information from experienced users. Smile 

One of our friend's building 8 of WSX for us and i've been trying to choose the best driver in term of budget, availability and effective sound. 

I need to tell the info that we are crew based in Istanbul / Turkey and there aren't many drivers on the market available also it is doubled price than European market even if there is. Therefore, we need to find the most reasonable option both for amps and drivers in these economic conditions of the country. 

L18P300 drivers are quite expensive here, and somehow we need to buy it from Europe and bring it here (illegally) in order to don't pay taxes which will make the price doubled. (yes crazy) 

V18-1000 drivers are also recommended, however I only found on blue arran and it's quite expensive for us when we exchange the currency which is X 22. 

So, I know that these two drivers will be recommended, but I actually want to hear cheaper options which may not be the best solution, but efficient. 

Over 8 WSX we got 4 of w8 cabs. In order to driving all rig, Since the economic situation of Turkey is not very well, we need to find effective, but cheaper options for amps too.  

Powersoft amps are pretty expensive and if we get 2 of K20 for example, we need to sell dozens of beers, merchs and food to cover the expenses in maybe 20 party haha. In every party we organise there are more than 400 less than 600 people by the way. 

I may be wrong and please correct me if i'm wrong. What about driving monoblock - 8 of WSX with 2 of Lab Gruppen Fp14000 on parallel connection? This amp is really affordable, but not sure how effective it is on this subs. 

Long story short, i'd like to hear my options for amps and drivers for 8 of WSX. 

** I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for mistakes
** I don't know if it really matters, but our music is mainly tekno, techno and hardcore. 

Edited by feedthechaos - 24 May 2023 at 3:09pm
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 3:49pm
Try B&C 18TBX 100.  Martin audio were using this driver after the RCF.

https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/18-0/8/18tbx100

I just looked there's a dealer in Istanbul. Thumbs Up

You would need a spacer ring to fit them in the wsx. I have been using 8 X wsx in Portugal using the B&C 18TBX 100. They are very very good.

There's a thread here that will help with the spacer ring info.

https://forum.speakerplans.com/wsx-driver-upgrade_topic98528_page2.html

We used FFA 10k on bass but I have no idea if that's a good solution for you in Turkey.

Good luck.

Edited by KDW32 - 24 May 2023 at 4:03pm
feedthechaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feedthechaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 5:11pm
Hey there! Thank you for your reply. 

I've checked B&C TX100 on the web markets and most of them don't have in stock and also it's doubled price than thomann.de

I think it's better to get it from there and bring them here in a pirate way. lol. 

I know a crew who has full martin audio rig which has wsx + f2ba + w8c and they also use FFA amps, but in turkish lira currency those are pretty expensive so it could be our last chance only. 

Greetings to Portugal. 

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 6:34pm
Order them at the french store tlhp. You need to make an account and login. That way you see the real price, now 245 when you buy multiples.
 Post Reply Post Reply