Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSW?? (other plan is not a problem)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 4:23pm
Yeah I was guessing that... Kinda why I joined this forum, what I fancy is 1850 with turbo stylee handles top and bottom, as you have probably guessed in a semi-matt trimite blue with a splattery paint finish, NL8 In and Out but the decision is do i

Make them myself.. Time is a worry here, the TMS-4 project is a side line with one of the egineers that freelances for me, not my main business. (id end up getting Steve Boril to spray them as I don't have a booth... Get Steve Boril to build load and spray them for me or ...

I recently joined a forum on the web with a veiw to seeing if anyone is CNC'd up for these cabs and as ever, much for 4!

I have been offered 4 for £1200 but the build quality looked shocking, didn't even view just saw a pic and kinda decided if went down the route I would want them in a very certain way..

Anyone got any for rent in the surrey or reading area as I quite fancy having a listen, although I suspect they are gonna cut the mustard just from my readings on here...

Confused
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 9:40pm
Our standard hire stacks comprise of a TSE218 laid on its side with two TMS4s standing on top and then a pair of TSE111s on top of the TMS4s---This really is a superb well balanced and uniform looking stack which houses 4x18", 4x10" and 4x1"--also everything is at the right height so in a packed venue you can get the mid/hi to the back of the room along with the bottom end(which never has a problem in any venue)---the stacks are great for strapping all together as well as the handles on the ends of the TSE218s are in exactly the right position, so you do not have webbing straps anywhere near the floor.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2007 at 3:28am
you have this kit to hire??? Cool where R U based?? I trust the 111 and the t4 are 3 way active?

:-)

Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 8:45pm
Based in Shropshire----All our TMS4 and TSE series Turbosound Hire stock is two way active as it left the factory----We have tried going three way active, but it is simply not worth it as the gain in HF quality is minimal and then you are into the realms of 8 pin Speakons,heavier cables and more amps and it is simply not worth it--it is much easier to use a double amprack behind each stack and run on 4 pin speakons and 4 core cable throughout---It is also idiot proof and impossible to wire up incorrectly. 
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:31am
Shropshire is a way away for me I am afraid, but I am (litterally today) chopping my TMS-4s 2/way active (I have 2 3way from factory and 2 2way on bloody EP4!!!) picked the nl4 and nl8 up today
You run the TSE-218s to 250Hz same as the T4 los? never tryed that....

:-)
billkeown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billkeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:40am
as far as i understood it the low in the tms4 is basically the same as a tse118, so shouldn't be a problem.

Also,  a colleague of mine used to run his tms rig with the 18" crossing to the 10" at 160Hz. I'm sure it was rubbish for the pattern control of the 10" but i doubt that the 10" horn was doing much 'thowing' below 1k anyway
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2007 at 12:43am
I meant more in the BALLS dept, even with the TMS-4 2 way we run sub on 120/30 cards. But I can See Robbo's plan with "here's the rig, here the amps, heres the cable string them together -any order, it will work!!!!"
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:44pm
Yeah---As I have said before on here, a TSE218 will far outperform two single TSE118 cabinets due to the speakers coupling inside the cabinet---it is deeper, punchier and louder and it works brilliantly laid on its side beneath the two TMS4s---As someone else has said--the 18"section of a TMS4 is identical to a single TSE118 so the two types of cabinet work extremely well together giving some serious kick on bottom end with 4x18" drivers per side---and yes we do use the standard xover point of 250hz-----we have some THL4 cabinets with the 18s crossing into the mids at either 160hz or 180hz and again this is Mr Andrews reccomended xover frequency for this cabinet, but they do have different drivers to the TMS and TSE series of cabinets(which I would not advise to cross over any lower than 250hz). 
Jack The Nutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack The Nutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Our standard hire stacks comprise of a TSE218 laid on its side with two TMS4s standing on top and then a pair of TSE111s on top of the TMS4s---This really is a superb well balanced and uniform looking stack which houses 4x18", 4x10" and 4x1"--also everything is at the right height so in a packed venue you can get the mid/hi to the back of the room along with the bottom end(which never has a problem in any venue)---the stacks are great for strapping all together as well as the handles on the ends of the TSE218s are in exactly the right position, so you do not have webbing straps anywhere near the floor.

Who you work for in shrops?  Not many hire companies in shrops with decent gear.  Work for install Uk by Ludlow and have sound accompany (Projector) and JBL VRX Mid tops avalaible.
Wheres the rig out next?
I Live by Ludlow.

Edited by Jack The Nutt - 14 August 2007 at 9:47am
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 9:50pm
We have four stacks of TSE and TMS4s as described so they can be used on two rigs or one large one---we have lots of other Turbo hire gear as well as Ohm TRS stacks and RCF gear-----We also do dry hire and sell loads of quality stuff(mainly ex install or ex hire) and we will shortly be selling off about 20kw of various used gear--I am based near Newport in Shropshire. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12