Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

InfraHorn for X1?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:14pm
w should probably start calling it the XtraHorn or something, because it's definitely not an infrahorn. so mykey you would just fit a horn to the top ports and leave the bottom ones.. will this not "unbalance" the  driver somewhat? excuse my lack of understanding of this.. but it's a really interesting thread..
psytron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psytron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 11:37pm
Hmmm wasnt everyone looking at putting the extension on thew LOWER tuned port??
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:44am
Ive been thinking about this - if there is only a horn on the lower tuned port what happens to the other one? Will be outputting hitting the horn and not benefitting from the 3 pieces of ply in front of it

jon
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 12:50pm
yes the loading on the driver will become uneven as theirs an extra mass of air loaded on one side of the driver, partly why as far as i can see you can only realisticaly apply this to a 4th or 8th oder bandpass the x1's allready a driver killer in this respect i belive.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 2:04pm
so.. would you need 2 horns that would place equivalent load on the ports? so to speak...
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 5:42pm
practicaly speaking i think the best soution in terms of loading is to turn it into an 8th order bandpass as (see deadbeats sketch a page or two back) then the horn loads both ports equaly, if your starting from the standard or letterbox x1.

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:32pm
So how do you do that :P
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:24pm
The two ports would lead into a front chamber and port arrangement, I drew up a paint picture of this.
Away on extended leave.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 5:00am
you can spend the next year talking about it............or you can place some board sheets infront and experiment
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 2:30pm
Yeah, I now suspect that the board sheets just generally in front of the cab would be any improvement - extra boundary.

If you are keen abot 8th order bp route, just creating a random fc could take your drivers though.
Away on extended leave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314