Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi my name is bryan and i have a problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi my name is bryan and i have a problem
    Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:30pm
i have just developed an xta addiction after buying the ginger 448 that was on ebay, problem now is they guy phoned me up offering other bits and pieces at silly prices but i have never used them so am unsure to their usabilityCry

any one used their grahics and compressor/gates?
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 10:42pm
Prepare for the worst..

electric blue compulsion & total control...

or just more junk in the signal path

You wont find many in the cash converters Andover...............

bs8901 compliant
Bryan M View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 3:20am
im at one with the junk in the signal path 4d, it's just pretty much every large rig i've seen has an eq after the desk to allow for room tuning alterations/wanky sound police

comp/gate would be used via inserts from the desk for general band work
robertnisbet View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertnisbet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 9:38am
Not used the comps or gates. The graphics are up there with BSS 960 and KT 360, probably better than either in fact. The faders do exactly what you would want from them and don't seem to have any kinda harmonic effects on any other frequencies, not to my ears anyway. Can't comment on any phasing issues that might be present as I haven't looked at it on a scope, but given that I know of lots of touring companies who are upgrading to XTA from BSS and KT, I shouldn't think you'll find any problems...
Robert Nisbet
www.robertnisbet.com
Event Production Services
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 11:05am
I used a 448 at the bulldog and found the zillion bands of parametric eq coped with the demands of the noise control superbly tight q cuts at 30, 40, 50, 63, 125hz  all on the same xover band, then 12500 and 14500.

I am not a big fan of graphics though they can be dead handy for monitor mixes and quick eq solutions.  Howard of Gpa used to have an enormous rack of them looked that wicked.

Often run a comp lim before the lms as it gives a better visual on what is going on and a big line of red led's is easy for retard dj's to comprehend also handy for lamer mc's & random percussionists etc' and as you say good across the Main inserts for live acts. 

I would say if you can justify the expense get them.  Superb rack bling and  very useful tools to have.      
bs8901 compliant
 Post Reply Post Reply