Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES 18-BPH impressions???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 5:06am
I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz. Any comments on that combo here?

Also was wondering if anyone has put 4 ES18's together in a quad and built an extension like on a Bertha/W-Bin double 18? I know the flare is good for 5Hz or so of lowend extension and thought it might be a cool idea to try with the ES18's in a quad.
cracker.a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cracker.a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 3:06am
Originally posted by awacs awacs wrote:

I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz.

In my opinion HD15  holds a decent SPL but will not sound nice and accurate over 160Hz.
awacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:37pm
Is that running the HD15 as a sub and up above 160Hz, or in a bandpass as a mid-bass (HP ~ 80Hz)? The response looks good in the 100-200 range on the chart, but obviously real world means all the difference. 
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

ES 18-BPH: is there a 15" version of these?

???

Originally posted by awacs awacs wrote:

I've been a fan of the ES18-BPH being used as a sub crossed over at 80Hz. Was looking to use with an HD15 for 80-200Hz. Any comments on that combo here?

Any more comments ???

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234