Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

time aligning - mic position?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: time aligning - mic position?
    Posted: 21 September 2007 at 3:06pm
hello all

i'm bringing out a system tonight.. left and right stacks, each with an X1, turbo 15" kick bin (pre hd15 style short horn..), and a trap mid top with an SN15MB, and a DE250 on a beyma td235 horn (bi amped). X1s and kick bins mono summed.

to use the auto align funcion of my ultradrive, where do i position the mic (i have the behringer ecm8000)?

and should i let it do a phase test too?

do i set up the whole rig, then set the mic up at front / center, and select all relevent outs, and let it do its thing, or do i set it closer to between 2 drivers and do it bit by bit?

or should i just not use it and manually (somehow) work out the delays and stuff, and do it myself?

i've been googling for something on this.. but haven't found anything yet... and the ultradrive manual doesn't say much about using the auto align functions.

sorry if this should be obvious stuff.. but it's new to me.

thanks if anyone can help me.

steve.

Smile
HansA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HansA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 3:47pm
use your ears and your brain.
�*�o�O�o�*�*: HansA, The FUBAR sound technician :*�*�o�O�o�*�
tallmike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 4:04pm
... a more sensible response would be:

You could work out the timings manually, but if the auto-align function works well, then place the mic about 10 feet away from one of the stacks, and only test one stack. Obviously the timings will be the same for both.

It can't be that hard to work out approximate delay times though ;)
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 5:11pm
ok thank you.. 10 feet or so. that's the answer i was looking for.

appreciate it!
 Post Reply Post Reply