Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 5:51pm
I don´t know about Uk these go for about 4k£ here Denmark/Sweden if you are running them that lower or high just go for this Lab is like Saab jet engines
http://www.labgruppen.com/media/FPplus_Datasheet_FP13000_V4.pdf
bitcore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2007 at 3:46am
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

QSC new kids on the block great amp this is the one that rog heard at carnival on 8 scoop  massive noise even i couldn't fault it with little or no processing

QSC isn't new, they have been around for ages. (unless you are talking specifically about the 380... Yah THAT one is new.) They haven't made any new monster amps in quite a while, and the PL380 is the biggest one they've made in something around a decade. Before that was the PL6, the first PowerLight series, and the ridiculous PL9 - they stopped making the PL9 because the design wasn't meeting their service life expectations. The PL6 is still a freaking monster, and you can probably pick one up for a flat thousand USD - but it's definitely a power hog - AND HEAVY. They are touring grade amps, a step up from PLX's and the like.
the 380 is a class D, and incredibly efficient compared to the other class H and such. The lab's are also class D and a supreme amp, I'd love to have one of those as well. However, when money is in the equation, I'd go with QSC. At least I know their service & warente have a good reputation for making people happy and not emptying their pockets.

Edited by bitcore - 01 November 2007 at 3:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12