Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LS 1801/1802

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LS 1801/1802
    Posted: 17 October 2007 at 12:40pm
Hi all

trying to find source of reasonably priced original drivers for our TSE 118 cabs, currently got Fane xb's in em, sure they would sound better with right drivers... prices from Turbo are silly, neither fane nor PD, who made the 1801 and 02 respectively, will sell me any, or even tell me the thiele small or other specs

failing finding the proper job second hand, does ayone know the specs for these drivers, so i can try and find as similar as poss alternative?

many thanks for any help

matt
not as straight forward as i first imagined..
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 1:00pm
Just put PD184 drivers in--Job done.
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 9:17pm
do u know that they are similar to the 1802 specs, or how they sounded in an A-B comparison - noticed u had tse118's for sale with both types of drivers in..

Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 11:37pm
Never done an AB comparison but the PD 184 is the same driver as Turbosound use in the THL4 cabinets which is basically the same horn as a TSE118 and they work superbly in the THL4s---not 100% sure if they will fit in an original TSE118 cabinet though as I think it may be a bit tight on the trap door,but if an 18XB fits without having to remove the heatsink cover then a PD184 should be OK---you should be able to get the physical measurments for both drivers to check on this. 
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 11:39pm
Selenium has drivers that are suitable for horn loaded cabinets.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
H.. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 12:28pm
184 fit ok if you put the trapdoor in upside down - or rout the trapdoor..............no point in using 1801/02
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 2:23pm
Peter of Crystal pro audio will sort you original drivers if you want them.
0208 773 1131 whether you need them depends on how high you want to x them over at. the original spec was xover at 250hz which neccessitated a small 3" voice coil to handle the high frequency, once you get into pd184 or 1850's you need to drop the xover point to 180 or lower.  if the boxes have a small cutout along the side of the access hole then you can fit the larger drivers if not you will have to cut out a wee section to allow the magnet to clear the side.

bs8901 compliant
Stumbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 7:00pm
Brilliant guys, exactly the kind of info was after!

ta muchly  Smile
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 8:41pm
Just to re-enforce this thread. Pete Broxman used to be the warehouse guy when Turbo sales were in Islington. He has exstensive knowledge of Turbo products from that time.
 Post Reply Post Reply