Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Valve Scoops A.S.S???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:01pm
Do they actually use valve amplifiers to power the rig or is that just what they call it?
100% Earth Moving Bass
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 11:35pm
No valve amps just conventional amps. Crest last time I looked.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 9:30am
Thought as much! so really the valve rig isn't much different to any other apart from its size?
100% Earth Moving Bass
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 9:55am
and the fact that most dont get so over hyped to people who dont know anything, alot of theyre core audience are a bunch of rude boys who think that soundlabs are cool, so a gert big stack of say 12 cheaply loaded 18" scoops and 8 soundlabs would be theyre idea of heaven..... so a stack of ass scoops and some hire fk1 mid tops should go down a treat.........
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
WhiteElephantSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteElephantSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 3:02pm

Valves now running of lab gruppens, don’t know if they are there own or hired in. They seemed to have about 6 amp racks and every one had a unused standby amp at the top!

Was not overly impressed when I heard them in Newcastle, very clean and precise but lacked any real spl.

When standing in front of around 20 ASS scoops and 10 Res5s you shouldn’t be able to breathe let alone chat calmly about the positives and negatives of the smoking ban!

Iration steppas on the other hand with 8 Turbomax loaded scoops and 6 reflex double 15" midtops had the bass presence that valve seemed to lack. Although I bet marks recone pile at the end of the night was much bigger!

Tom

Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 6:06pm
Mark wouldn't have a recone pile.
He runs the 8 turbomax 1200s off 2 void infinite 8s, 4ohms a side. Works out at 1250w per driver, and you can't clip an infinite v2, so he's pretty much covered.
If you've got a recone pile, you're doing something very very wrong!!
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
ToNy MoNtAnA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToNy MoNtAnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by TONY.A.S.S. TONY.A.S.S. wrote:

No valve amps just conventional amps. Crest last time I looked.

Loads of C.Audio too. Try and find the pic of that, got it somewhere on the hard drive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteElephantSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 7:21pm
I can tell you for a fact that he had a big recone pile! Fair enough there wassnt any turbomaxxs in that pile but  he has been known to get over excited on a night and push things a bit to far.

Tom
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 12:53am
So he's killing his mid-tops?
Has he got rid of that numark amp he was using a few months ago?
Would have thought someone with that much experience would know the limits of his system.
We are talking about Mark Iration not Valve right?
(No disrespect to the man, you all know I love Subdub!)
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteElephantSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 4:11pm
Yeah it looked like a 15s or possibly 12s that were the bulk of the recones, these could have been from the old system or other boxes as i cant imagine him shreading the new reflex boxs. Think that numark amp has been replaced with an infinate 6.

Yeah were talking about Iration, i think subdub has to be one of the best nights going for speaker geeks and dancing freaks alike! Allthough it has to be said i think his old system was alot more musical, those turbomaxx scoops are pure evil but seem to only produce one note.

Tom
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by WhiteElephantSounds WhiteElephantSounds wrote:

those turbomaxx scoops are pure evil but seem to only produce one note.

Tom

thats interesting.

were the scoops originally good with 1850's or v1000?  because as i said before, from my sims a cab originaly made for them will probably have massive ripples in response with a turbomax, but yes the tops of the peaks will be a little higher than with 1850's etc...

whatever you prefer i guess
Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 5:07am
1 note but still good after 4 shaves

Good marketing Fane.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12