Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

---MINI-SCOOP---

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommysb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 3:58pm
A 45degree or similar piece in the corner is an approximation to a curved scoop. No doubt you could use a curved panel if you wanted, it would probably just be a bit more.
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 5:26am
thats why they call a scoop a scoop is it not? the curved piece?
otherwise we shall call the EV T-18 a scoop shall we? and the wembley B-line bin?

Don't want to get into a silly argument on this.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 5:06pm
It's interesting to read the views of how everyone thinks things are done. When we did our first scoop, the S118. It had a conventional laminated curve. When RX18 happened I took the oportunity to improve even more. Apart from heavier bracing I replaced the curve with a shape made up of four pieces angled to follow the original curve within 10mm. This was done to give us a heavier shape by being thicker. Using this principal we could now make our shape 24mm thick. I remember seeing early attempts by people only seeing a shape and making it out of 4mm hardboard. I used to think of this as the Rolf Harris effect.
Moving on, I have never seen the B line as any kind of scoop bin. At best, it must be a transition line cab due to its parallel exit tunnel (not that the name means anything anyway) I also remember some people thinking that the the curve rolled out the sound. Very technical.
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 8:34pm
LOL the rolpf harriss effect lol thats funny lol

The curve does roll out the sound doesnt it? I always thought so!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 2:22am
Me and phil (thilthy) did our SCOOPS with a thick piece of ply and a thin peice

we cut the thick piece many times in the back and filled with glue , then covered the thin piece with glue and laminated them together in position and dried as 1 whole solid curve

oooopss!!!  I'm helping out here, I should be marketing and selling insteadWacko 
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 2:24am
yes going back to bad scoops out there

1 piece of 3mm ply, yes they are out there some where.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123