Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hd15 drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datguyjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hd15 drivers
    Posted: 21 January 2005 at 12:02am
couple questions about the  HD15 sub. I built 2 of these subs, and used Eminence Delta 15LF drivers. the specs seem to be fairy close to the kappa 15's, just different power handling. they sound pretty good. Anybody see anything wrong with this? My second question is if I were to build build another pair and load them with the recommended kappa 15lf do you see any problems with combining the 2 pairs all together other than one set having lower power handling? I know combining different kinds of subs is usually a no-no, but these are the same boxes, just different drivers.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 3:35am

The HD15 isn't really a sub.  Its designed as a kick frequency box and should really be used with a sub under it like the X1 if you want to go that low or with just a lot of the HD15's to get the extension.

As for your question, the ideal route would be to load them all the same.  If you stack all of the boxes together they may not couple as well with the different drivers in place.

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply