Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Preamplification identification, for the nation.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preamplification identification, for the nation.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preamplification identification, for the nation.
    Posted: 15 November 2007 at 6:07pm
Hey up again :)
Unlikely I know, but does anyone recognise this preamp? It sounds nice, but the parametric eq section hums a lot. It belongs to Sequoia soundsystem, and they want to fix it, but have no idea who built it.

The problematic EQ board:

Cheers
Matt
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 6:51pm
Give us a better picture of the front and back
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 7:23pm
I Know sumbody whos got 1 that looks fairly similair however his says APS or ASP on it!!

Hope this helps! Smile
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 7:31pm
if it says aps on it then its problaly rensaab on this site

might be wrong
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 12:43am
should it have a lid?
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 2:12pm
Yeah it should, but either they've been trying to fix it so often they don't bother puttin it back on any more, or it's to let the irie vibrations out more effectively, or it's to let the ganja smoke in :)

All the inputs/outputs are on unbalanced jacks. Even the turntable input.
matt
ToNy MoNtAnA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToNy MoNtAnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Yeah it should, but either they've been trying to fix it so often they don't bother puttin it back on any more, or it's to let the irie vibrations out more effectively, or it's to let the ganja smoke in :)

All the inputs/outputs are on unbalanced jacks. Even the turntable input.
matt

It looks like a rats nest of wires LOL and home built. Nothing wrong with being home built, but the wires everywhere looks a bit shoddy.

Hows it perform compaired to a JTS 3 way or Mostec 3 way?

RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 7:40pm
"Nothing wrong with being home built, but the wires everywhere looks a bit shoddy"

I'm afraid i have to agree with Tony there. Definately not one of mine!
"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by RENSAAB RENSAAB wrote:

"Nothing wrong with being home built, but the wires everywhere looks a bit shoddy"

I'm afraid i have to agree with Tony there. Definately not one of mine!
LOL Looking at your equipment Ren I really didn't think that mess was one of yours!Professionals & perfectionists are hard to come by these days! 

studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:40pm
Haven't ever played with JTS or Mostec so couldn't say. Sequoia's not my sound i just hang around them a lot :) i'll get some better pics soon as. AFAIK it's not got a crossover function at all just 10 band graphic eq, 1 band parametric eq, master low/mid/hi knobs and gain controls. Definitely the old skool-est.
Anyone ever heard of a well known preamp builder around Sheffield/Leeds/Bradford back int day? Got to be a custom design int it
 Post Reply Post Reply