Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TMS 3????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsalopeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 2:15pm

it took a while for my guys to have access to start ripping the stuff down.  The promoter was giving them hell and trying to get money back from the final payment due to main act only performing 3 songs. he wanted us to kick back 2500.00  since he claimed he is going to be forced to give refund. My guys were only being paid till 9:00 anyhow, that is what time our contract said the show would be done by. It was DMX who was an hour late. I guess he wanted a black suv to bring him to concert not the limo that showed up at hotel. Then when they aquired one and it showed up he said no again due to it not having leather interior for gods sake. So by the time the promter located that it was already close to an hour behind time.  w.t.f. is with these hip-hop artists?

as far as all nighters my way...heavens no! but at least the outdoor venues in cleveland go till 11pm
DBU-sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBU-sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:37pm
Really keen for TMS3 plans if they are still going ?
Thanks in advance
MPASOUND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPASOUND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:50pm
Have you seen a TMS3? Even if you had plans, how do you propose to copy the mid/Hf horns? 
It's just bits of paper flapping about in a box.
DBU-sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBU-sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 5:03pm
Thanks for quick reply ! That is a very good point , have saw and used them yes , also something else ive been looking into is how to create that , any suggestions ?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 5:37pm
even if you could copy the horns, finding the drivers would be a mission and a lot of money. best just making something else. look at blue aran's 8" horns and related stuff maybe for starters.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:24pm
It’d be interesting to see/hear someone make a TMS-3 with RES2S8 and Neo loaded Res2 LF sections, etc
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:30pm
so.. a res2?
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 7:48pm
No, I mean with the config of a TMS-3.

2x15s
2x 8s
2x 1s on some reincarnation of the V2 device (IF the original V2 and horn wouldn’t be appropriate for the RES2 HF 😂)

In the layout of a TMS-3

If anything it would be RES9-like I guess

Edited by RoadRunnersDust - 07 November 2017 at 7:49pm
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 9:07pm
So 2 res2’s strapped together?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 5:54pm
No, I think just like a tms-3, but with these mids:
https://www.funktion-one.com/products/res-2s8/

Wouldn't be like Res9s at all! -Except for double drivers.
Far heavier.

Res 9 has straight 15" horn, not dropping that low & crossing higher, mid driver & horn like res5 (same driver in Res4, but different spec & backbowl in res2)

www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12