Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crown XS / XTi Amps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crown XS / XTi Amps
    Posted: 16 November 2007 at 6:25pm

Hi,

Has any forum members used the crown XS or XTI series amplifiers, I need an amp to run my mid / Hi cabs 2 a side. Any comments would be great, I was looking at the XS900 or Xti 2000 in terms being reliable on the road, sound quality, heat issues etc.

I was thinking of using lightweight amplifiers for mid/top on the rig? This will be my first purchase of a swictmode type amp..

Cheers..

Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 7:48pm
Yes I have three XTI4000's and one XTI1000. Have had just a couple of issues with one of the 4000's when it lost a channel and once when both protection lights came on and the  fans ran at maximum speed. Both cleared after a power off/on.
No temp issues to speak of. When run with live music with the clip light occasionally flashing all of the amps remain pretty cool.
The DSP works very well and the software setup is very easy to operate on the USB link.

After reading about other issues (Crown web site) I would not have purchased them without the 3 year guarantee but now I would definitely purchase them again.
The only other issue is that they are relatively noisy and some hiss can be heard on the comps. at about 5m, so probably not the amp to use for quiet church work.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 16 November 2007 at 7:50pm
bmw28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 1:06am
yo,

tony,

would QSC be the way to go then ? plx
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 8:20am
Beema
I originally was going to purchase PLX's but got a good deal on the Crown's.
I should also add that if it had not been for the weight ( I do most of my work single handed ) I would have continued to use the Berry 2500's that had given me Stirling service.

The QSC's would be my choice if money had not been an issue.

Tony
DJ Marky Marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Marky Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 1:52pm
currently runnning 4 of the XTI2000s all with no problems so far (touch wood) happy runing these to the max all night long ...

sound great too

Post Reply Post Reply