Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 Crossover points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 Crossover points
    Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:54am
i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction regarding the crossover frequencies. i understand with the x12 the lower the compression driver frequency is the better however i don't understand why this is. is there anything i can read or could someone answer this for me?

i have used the searched function and it isn't really explained. i don't get why it has to go so low leaving the twin 12" drivers not covering a very big frequency range.

thanks in advance

Oli
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:08am
because the 12"  doesnt play that heigh before you start to notice it being stretched, it will start to beam [dispersion affected] and distort. conversly the compression driver will start to show similar signs of stress if you x-over to low...
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Verr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 2:42pm
PERFECT,

CHEERSApprove
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 9:03pm
theres a bit more to it than than just that but basicaly any driver in any design will have issues when being pushed to its limits frequency wise, ie too low or heigh...a compresion driver playing too low will either start pumping and run out of steam too quick or disort when the driver reaches its mechanical limits, theres alot more to it than this but that is one reason...
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
 Post Reply Post Reply