Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1s vs scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 2:17pm
i do believe that would be the next logical step for your system though lol. [in the distant future]

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
sukebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 9:36pm
I agree with Mark. Labs do look tasty, and will be the next rig for me also, but a very long way away.

Adam; you're right about the gap. Im using Omnitop 212's for midtop and i dont want to stress the drivers too much by playing them too low. Bill Fitz reckons they can happily play down to 90Hz, but he also reckons Eminence are the best drivers. Prob because they're american like him.

As far scoops for drum n bass go, i disagree Mykey. i think they can be beaten. I suppose it differs slightly with what DnB your playing through them, but i mainly play intelligent DnB from labels like Hospital, signature and Good looking recs. These tunes are far more melodic with piano, strings and almost orchestral samples. A far more progressive style of drum n bass (hence the genre title). So for this, a fully horn loaded bass would sound better. More defined bass rather than 'boomy' jump-up rollers.

I reckon HD's and X1's will give me a sound pretty close to what im looking for (even tho X1's aint horns + HD's aint proper ones) and also allow my rig to be more versatile. It aint about playing live rock through scoops IMO.

Horses for courses i suppose. And also the fact that many speakers have a coloured sound, some people like it, others like something else. I reckon me n Adam have got similar tastes. Safe bruv

Edited by sukebe - 29 November 2007 at 9:40pm
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 3:56am
Again, not all scoops sound the same, same as all hornloaded 18 cabs don't sound the same

Sukebe, been listening to some HOSPITAL over the last couple of days...WOW! great stuff
sukebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 8:56am
fairplay Mykey. blimey something we agree on. You should check out a geezer called Calibre if you havent already. He owns the signature label. He's a wicked producer.

Your a southend boy aint u? Or around that area?
abrupt View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 7:11pm
logistics

they are the boys
Sunil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 3:35pm
Can an X1 throw sound like a scoop?? For example...Which would sound better run from 30Hz - 80Hz. 4 Scoops or 4 X1s both loaded with 1850 and powered by the same amp???????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12